|Preprinted panel backed with flannel.|
- Prewash and machine dry the panel and the flannel. You want to make sure that neither shrinks later.
- Iron the panel. If your panel looks out-of-square, grab opposite corners that need to be brought into position and give a gentle stretch. Once you have the panel pulled square, trim the edges, if needed.
- Iron the flannel and then lay it right side up and smooth it from the center to the edges.
- Lay the panel right side down on the flannel and smooth it from the center to the edges. The flannel will ‘grab’ the panel and help hold it in place.
- Pin along the edges of the panel to secure it to the flannel.
- Sew around the perimeter of the panel ½-inch from the edge, leaving a 6-inch opening on one side. Trim the flannel even with the edges of the panel and cut across the corners diagonally close to the stitching to reduce bulk when you turn your blankie.
- Turn the blankie right side out through the opening. Reach inside and poke the corners out nice and square with your finger or the tip of your scissors and then iron a crease on all four sides. Be sure that the edges of the opening are folded neatly to the inside.
Close-up of opening sewn closed.
- Stitch around the perimeter of the blankie ¼-inch from the edge and your blankie is done!