|Photo by Debra Atlas|
used with permission
Easy Potato Chip Bag Apron Instructions
You can easily make a cool apron from empty potato chip bags! Just follow these simple steps:
- Cut off the tops and bottoms of the bags
- Slit each bag down the back
- Wash the bags thoroughly with soap and water to remove grease, salt and chip debris, and then rinse and wipe them dry with a dishtowel
- Turn the bags face up and cut the fronts to the sizes desired
- Sew the bags together with strips between the bags (as shown), or just sew the bags directly to one another to create a large enough piece for the apron front
- Layer your potato chip bag “quilt” with denim or other heavy cotton, wrong sides together, and trim the edges to the size and shape desired
- Bind the edges, and add ties to go around the neck and back.
And what if you don’t have time to sew? You could just tape the bags together, finish off the edges and attach the ties with colored duct tape.
Also, here are a few kid-friendly recycling books on Amazon that you might like: